Andrew Marshall Perez
Scott and I got a very special Valentine's Gift on the 14th. Andrew Marshall Perez- "Drew" was born at 10:01am on 2/14/08! He weighed a whopping 8 pounds 6 oz. He was 21 3/4" long and a very healthy baby boy! We couldn't believe how big he was but I guess that is what a few extra days of "cookin" will do to you!
I woke up around 4:30 in the morning and could tell I was in labor but I thought for sure I had plenty of time to get to the hospital. I finally woke Scott up and we started to get ready for the day. Shelley told me I better go ahead and call the doctor as my contractions were 5 mins apart...and had been for awhile but I didn't think they were too painful yet.
Let's just say that by the time we got Blake situated and sat in 8am rush hour traffic...we arrived at the hospital around 9am and I was already 8 cm dilated. The nurse had a very surprised look on her face and started rushing around. They told me they didn't think I could have drugs for the pain b/c I was so dilated...I totally freaked out! Finally the Dr. said "give her what she wants"...and I wanted drugs! (: They barely got it in time and once the numbness kicked in...and two pushes later, Baby Drew had arrived!


2 Comments:
Congratulations Jill, Scott, and Blake...Baby Drew is just so precious! I can't wait to meet him in person. We are so happy for you guys. Please call if you need anything at all...we love you guys! Dawn, Rho, and Angie
Hi Jill,
Drew is so adorable and you don't look like you just had a baby! I can't believe you were at 8cm when you arrived - ouch. Can't wait to meet him,
Dawn
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home